|Date Posted||April 7, 2021|
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: Teller Supervisor
Position Purpose: Must have a great attitude and out-going personality. Serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, resolve issues, and professionally handle the members’ daily needs. Provide a variety of transactional services to members. Responsible for learning IRA products and become proficient on basic IRA rules and regulations. Work with IRA administrator to grow knowledge and attend required training classes to become proficient on IRA rules and help train front line staff so they know how to open IRA products on system once you have learned them.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in‐person and by‐telephone general and specific service‐related information concerning credit union services or policies.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information. May handle more complex questions and problems for other front-line staff.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files, and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Open IRA accounts for members and become proficient in basic information of IRA accounts.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member’s needs. Know products and services of credit union so you can explain them to members immediately and proficiently. Actively cross sell credit union products
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan‐payment discrepancies. Assist members in balancing their accounts. Assist members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards.
- Up‐to‐day and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
High school graduate or equivalent. Additional college coursework in business or finance preferred.; Must have a great attitude and out-going personality; prior Teller or cash handling experience preferred; prior sales experience; strong organizational skills; professional demeanor; effective communication skills; and basic PC skills (Windows). The ideal candidate will also value a high degree of accuracy. We prefer ideal candidate should have five or more years of related experience in a financial institution. Attention to detail a must. The credit union offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package. If you want to put your experience to work for a company that values people and the opportunity to enhance the lives of those we serve, send your email with resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to MSR Position at PO Box 1250, Massillon, Ohio 44648.
Pre-employment background check required. Equal Employment Opportunity /M/F/D/V