Mental Health Billing Specialist
|Date Posted||April 8, 2019|
V A C A N C Y N O T I C E
Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health
Position Available: Mental Health Billing Specialist
The MH Billing Specialist is responsible for a variety of duties assigned by their supervisor. This may include routine billing, payment posting, problem-solving for various payers (including insurance, HMO, and Medicaid, Medicare and private pay) and special projects in billing and collection. In addition, the Specialist may be responsible for billing and posting for Special Contracts, obtaining and/or entry of prior authorizations. The Billing Specialist is responsible for clear, detailed communication with the clinical and billing staff regarding billing errors, and with payers for various insurance and payment-related issues. Responsibilities may also include researching and resolving client insurance claims, which are denied or uncollected. Communication with clients is trauma-informed reflecting sensitive, thoughtful, courteous communication taking into account the emotional nature of our work. Other special projects may be assigned.
The MH Billing Specialist should possess extensive knowledge in Mental Health billing, posting experience, and adjudication of claims.
Other Vital Skills include:
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work collaboratively on projects
- The ability to create channels of communication to obtain information necessary to perform job tasks, such as with clients, payers, clinical staff, and billing department staff
- The ability to recognize individual and system problems and to communicate such information to the supervisor
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills. This position requires mastery of a large amount of detail. Outstanding computer skills with billing software, preferably Nextgen, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
- Able physically to lift the weight of a filled archive box, bend over file cabinets, sit at computer 3-4 hours at a time
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will be assigned by Billing Supervisor. Among those duties are:
- Review clinical notes and codes to make sure providers are billing at the correct levels for BH Redesign and Managed Care.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise errors.
- Operate software system for billing, posting, and claims research.
- Obtain and/or enter such documents as authorizations, financial agreements, and other such ancillary documents as may be necessary.
- Maintain detailed records as required.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Interact with staff, clients, payer, and Agencies to answer questions, obtain information and resolve issues.
- Monitor aging reports and take such steps as necessary to guarantee payment of claims.
- Coordinate and collect necessary information from staff or payers for claim adjudication.
- Participate in take-back, overpayment, and refund process.
- Recognize problem accounts and notify appropriate staff or supervisor to assist in problem resolution.
- Anticipate insurance trends and advise supervisor of changes.
- Assist in the creation of manuals and protocols.
- Participate in billing auditing processes.
- Maintain open, positive, cordial, team-oriented lines of communication with Manager and other staff members.
- Contribute to the Billing Department team through positive attitude, respectful interaction, innovative ideas, efficiency, and ethical behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: Will vary based on education, experience, and skills
Hours: Regular Non-Exempt, full-time position
Location: Shipley/Canton Office
Send resume/apply by: April 23, 2019
Questions to: Alicia Staton, Nextgen Cycle Manager @ (330) 454-7917, ext. 102
An Equal Opportunity Employer