Mental Health Counselor/Therapist
|Date Posted||April 4, 2019|
Encompass Christian Counseling (part of the CCHO family of ministries) is seeking a Counselor or Social Worker to provide mental health counseling and case-management services to children, adults, and families, according to their needs.
This position could be part-time or full-time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude while helping them experience their worth in Christ, and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of Relentless Commitment, Selflessness, and Kindness.
Other essential functions include the following:
- Complete mental health assessments, providing accurate mental health diagnosis of assigned clients.
- Complete treatment plans (ISPs) in collaboration with client, formulating goals, objectives and interventions relevant to client’s diagnosis; and reviewing, at least quarterly, on-going medical necessity of those goals (and/or diagnoses) in conjunction with client’s progress in treatment.
- Provide timely and well-written documentation on all clients to assist therapist in developing the minimum of mental health assessments, ISPs, discharge summaries, progress notes and recommendations when necessary. Progress notes – conducted in collaboration with the client and/or family member, as possible – should be submitted no less than weekly for billing purposes.
- Provide individual and/or family mental health counseling and appropriate and effective evidence-based therapeutic interventions according to client’s treatment plan.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities, including, but not limited to, peer review and case record reviews.
- Discharge clients according to progress, completing necessary paperwork and making appropriate referrals for after care.
- Attend community and agency meetings as needed, including, but not limited to staff meetings, clinical and/or small group supervision as required to increase & maintain competencies in mental health field.
- Engage in on-going training and maintenance of licensure and/or mental health credentials.
- Engage in supervision to evaluate counseling techniques and interventions.
- Submit accurate timekeeping records by payroll deadlines.
- Attend wrap-around meetings and family team meetings, facilitating as needed.
- Maintain consistent contact, as applicable, with community team; which could include juvenile court, children's services, family first council, schools and other applicable social service agencies.
- Complete progress reports to referral sources as requested or appropriate.
- Ensure personal productivity and expectations standards are met through collaboration with program director.
Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master’s level social worker (MSW, LSW), counselor (LPC, LPCC), with independent licensure preferred. Master's degree is required. Special consideration given to candidates who are independently licensed. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable on agency policy. Must maintain valid CPR and First Aid certifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be age 21 or better to be considered. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE.
Candidates must apply via website: https://ccho.isolvedhire.com/jobs/