|Date Posted||June 7, 2021|
Job Title: Mentor – Enrichment
(Art, Computer Skills, Math, Physical Education, Reading, Science)
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.,
(June to early August)
Position Concept: The Mentor will be actively engaged and involved in the activities and supervision of children in the Enrichment program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as an active member of the Enrichment Program to promote a positive experience for children.
- Assist in the active supervision of children and be responsible for the well-being and health of camp participants.
- Responsible for the development, planning, and implementation of curricula content areas.
- Lead and/or assist with team building games and activities daily.
- Lead and/or assist in overall camp logistics (Drop-off and pick-up meals, program activities).
- Assist in the organization of field trips.
- Engage parents and guardians of the participating children to ensure their understanding and support of program activities.
- Communicate with Enrichment Program Director & program staff, as needed to ensure appropriate program participation, coordination and outcomes.
- Responsible for resolving disputes and disciplinary issues with children.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication; Proficient with Microsoft office applications and Publisher.
- Must pass pre-employment background, drug test, and physical assessment screening.
- Possession of a valid Ohio Driver’s License and insurance.
- Three to five years of demonstrated work experience with at-risk children/families and diverse populations.
Bachelor Degree and/or Teaching certifications preferred in education, social work, early childhood or related field, physical education and creative arts.