|Date Posted||September 8, 2020|
Conducts the mortgage loan origination function by taking a loan application from potential borrowers and gathering all necessary supporting documentation and providing required preliminary regulatory disclosures. Must develop and maintain sources of business referrals and interact with agencies relative to the mortgage industry, such as Realtors and Home Builders Association.
- Meet with potential borrowers to originate mortgage loan applications and produce accurate regulatory disclosures.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit worthiness, and collateral to determine the feasibility of granting a mortgage loan.
- Have knowledge of the regulatory and compliance requirements that pertain to preliminary mortgage disclosures and have the ability to articulate these requirements to potential borrowers and explain forms.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Wayne Savings mortgage loan products and policies and procedures.
- Correspond with mortgage loan applicants regarding application information, loan products, and qualification requirements.
- Utilize loan origination software, as well as the core operating system independently and expertly.
- Be involved with service organizations and/or agencies relative to the mortgage industry and represent Wayne Savings at pertinent events.
- Interact with loan processors, closers, and underwriter regarding loan files and provide assistance if additional information is needed.
- Stay abreast of competitors’ products and pricing and inform management when it is felt we may need to address possible changes in Wayne Savings offerings.
- Cross-sell and market other bank products to individuals and businesses.
- This is a performance based position. Applicants must be dependable, have good organizational, computer and communication
- Skills. Must have ability to work efficiently without close supervision with a professional attitude/appearance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.