|Date Posted||September 13, 2019|
Network Tech – Full Time
Job Description Summary
Installs, configures, tests and maintains network infrastructure, hardware, software and associated systems. Provides technical and operational support for the wired and wireless network infrastructure, routers, switches, and supporting hardware. Ensures established standards, policies and procedures are followed; ensures proper documentation of the network environment when changes or enhancements are made.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network related hardware, software and supporting systems.
- Generates and maintains network documentation.
- Performs routine network Move, Add, Changes (MAC) and assigned tasks related to project type work.
- Resolves daily network related production issues.
- Assumes on-call rotation and is available off-hours to meet on-call requirements.
- Travels to various sites to resolve technical issues if unable to resolve them remotely.
- Provides input and makes recommendations for network designs, performance and capacity issues for new builds.
- Provides input on the standards for the network environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- High school graduate or equivalent or Technical Degree required.
- Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent of three years of experience in a multi-network systems environment.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
- Three years of network technical support experience in a multi-network systems environment.
- Will be required to move, box network equipment and peripherals up to 75 pounds via the use of a two-wheeled cart or dolly.
- Requires frequent standing and walking and normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech.
- May occasionally be required to transport equipment in personal vehicle.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line.