|Date Posted||September 14, 2022|
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Work Schedule: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM, 2-2-3 schedule
Your seat at the table
This position oversees the manufacture of products against budgeted KPIs in a continuous improvement based environment. This role is responsible for coaching, mentoring, and developing night Shift Operations Supervisors and Team Leads to deliver results in alignment with business objectives and North Star core values.
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Experience a culture of giving back
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
What you bring to the table
- Four year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Industrial or Mechanical Engineering background preferred
- 5 years of experience in production management or supervision, in the food processing industry.
- Significant experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both salaried professionals and hourly production associates in executing complex, operational programs.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
- Enhancing product safety, quality and the safety and satisfaction of your team members
- Evaluating and improving work processes
- Mastering work flow that involves specialized state-of-the-art equipment
- Managing and improving productivity
- Building and maintaining rapport and relationships
- Drive Company Value by coaching and leading production associates to perform in a high functioning team based environment
- Act with Intensity – must be urgent and positively engage others around him, be visible and confident, not panicked and negative
- Courageous Leadership – create hope and confidence in being the leader
- Value People and Diversity – strong people orientation, care about people, help them find success
- Develop Organizational Talent – stabilize the workforce, engaged and informed workforce
- Foster Team Work – pull people together, help them forms teams and the relationships
- Foster Open Communications – Be a visible leader and communicator, teach others to communicate
- Engage and Inspire – must create a winning atmosphere, have an approach to rally the workforce to win
- Display influence – lead from the floor, be visible
- Integrity & Ethics – believe and display no shortcuts
- Adaptability & Personal Growth – not rigid, pursues learning
- Lead Change – has track record of organizing people and leading through a change initiative
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.