|Date Posted||April 18, 2022|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks – everyday!
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact from day one? Then we want you! Our Operation Managers produce results through others and help make our facilities run efficiently, supporting our teams to be their best and in producing the highest quality product. As an Operations Manager, you’ll be adept at developing strategies, setting and accomplishing objectives and producing results through others. You'll be able to provide feedback, coaching and motivation to team members.
Your seat at the best snacks table:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
As a part of our plant leadership team, your day will include
- Enhancing product safety, quality and the safety and satisfaction of your team members
- Evaluating and improving work processes
- Mastering work flow that involves specialized state-of-the-art equipment
- Managing and improving productivity
- Building and maintaining rapport and relationships
What you bring to the party:
- Four year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience in production management or supervision, in the food processing industry.
- Significant experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both salaried professionals and hourly production associates in executing complex, operational programs.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.