|Date Posted||August 27, 2019|
Financial Institution with locations in Stark County seeks an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager oversees all branch operations and provides management, leadership and vision to the Deposit Services, Electronic Banking, and Retail sections of the financial institution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate and actively interact with Executive Management to ensure strategic alignment of all projects and initiatives.
- Responsible for ancillary systems utilized by departments under their management.
- Supervise, coach, and develop staff regarding service expectations, policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions. Prepare teller and FSR performance appraisals and disciplinary notices as needed.
- Supervise the day to day operational functions of the branch including overseeing teller and customer service duties.
- Respond to complex or problematic member questions or problems as appropriate and ensure the high quality of customer service and satisfaction.
- Approve customer and bank transactions within authority limits.
- Perform audits to identify & mitigate operational risk and to ensure ongoing adherence with compliance procedures.
- Be knowledgeable about all deposit, business, and consumer loan products.
- Maintain proper teller and vault cash levels including ordering coin and currency.
- Facilitate regular employee meetings to discuss goals, disseminate company information, discuss operational issues, etc.
- Maintain staff schedules to provide adequate coverage at all times.
- Responsible for compliance and training for all regulations pertaining to BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT, and OFAC.
- An understanding of banking rules and regulations to ensure the financial institution is compliant with federal regulations. Produce training materials and conduct ongoing compliance training as needed.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with subordinates, peers, management, outside providers and all teammates.
- Ensure the security and safety of each branch
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 5 years banking operations and personnel management experience
- Must possess an extensive understanding and knowledge of the banking regulatory environment
- Must possess a thorough understanding of core and ancillary banking systems
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of highly specialized banking areas such as ACH, Wire, FRB, Fraud, Etc.
- A working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and personal discipline skills
- Strong relationship-building and process review skills
- An understanding of risk assessment and management practices
- A demonstrated ability to lead, influence, build teams, and drive results
- Ability to interact with and manage members of cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-directed and motivated