|Date Posted||January 5, 2022|
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Packaging Machine Operator - Immediate Hiring! Benefits after 30 days!
7pm-7am $1 Shift differential (2,2,3 Schedule)
Overview, Essential Duties, and Responsibilities:
The Packaging Machine Operator (PMO) position operates or maintains equipment used to package snack foods. The PMO must be able to work with others within a dynamic, collaborative team environment, while performing essential work activities and ensuring safety and quality. The PMO must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Packaging Machine Operator position is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance related to packaging of product; monitoring and troubleshooting, starting and shutting down the packing machines; and preparing, cleaning, and maintaining the workplace. The PMO allocates staffing based on production schedules, works with the Shift Supervisor to lead shift kick-off meetings with the line team, and provides a plan for the shift.
- Inspects and monitors the machine before, during, and after the production process
- Reads production schedule in order to determine quantities and types of products to be packaged and adjusts packaging rates accordingly
- Regulates machine flow, speed, and/or temperature through adjustments of machine components, tensions, and pressure as needed
- Loads packaging materials such as film and ribbon
- Occasionally fill in for packaging team members during which the PMO will place bags in boxes, seal boxes closes, and place boxes on pallets
- Keeps key components of packaging equipment clean. Inspects for defects, fixes minor defects, and reports defects to the maintenance department when assistance is needed
- Reports and/or takes any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
Monitors and troubleshoots packaging machines
- Ensures all safety devises are operating properly
- Inspects verifies and adjusts product weight or measurement to meet specifications
- Observes machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of packaged products to standards
- Monitors the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or glue that isn’t sticking properly
- Inspects and removes defective products and packaging material
- Listens for malfunction indicators
- Shuts down machines when malfunctions occur
- Clears machine jams
- Cleans to inspect, finding defects
- Troubleshoots the cause(s) of poor quality products, improper weights (high or low), unacceptable finished package appearance, and machine breakdowns
- Ensures packaging equipment is running at documented centerlines as the initial step of troubleshooting
- Sets up, starts, and shuts down packaging equipment
- Prepares, cleans, and maintains the workplace
The position requires the PMO to execute tasks in a safe and efficient manner and establish a positive work environment. The position requires completing tasks within a defined period of time. The PMO must collaborate with teammates, effectively manage personal time, demonstrate personal responsibility and respect others.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now