|Date Posted||May 3, 2019|
Massillon Civil Service Commission
Municipal Government Annex, Mezzanine Floor | 151 Lincoln Way E., Massillon, Ohio 44646 | Telephone: (330) 830-1763 | Fax: (330) 830-1764 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity for Employment: Part-Time Civil Service Administrator / EEO Officer – Unclassified
The City of Massillon is accepting applications for the part-time position of Civil Service Administrator / EEO Officer, under the direction of the Safety and Service Director. This is an unclassified position that pays $25.14 per hour. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements and successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
Application filing deadline: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 by 4:00 PM
Job applications are available on the City of Massillon website: http://www.massillonohio.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Civil-Service-Application-with-placeholders-revised-01-16.pdf
Resumes submitted without a City of Massillon job application will not be considered. Please submit completed applications to the Office of the Civil Service Commission, Municipal Government Annex Administration Building (2nd Floor), 151 Lincoln Way East, Massillon, Ohio 44646 (in the Huntington Bank Building; across the street from the Lions Lincoln Theater in downtown Massillon)
The Civil Service Administrator / EEO Officer performs the following job responsibilities:
- Administers civil service exams for all classified City positions.
- Tracks and coordinates applicant listings for all City and Massillon City Schools employment positions, and provides accurate data with regard to employment hiring.
- Conducts monthly Civil Service meetings with the Civil Service Commission.
- Completes all required Civil Service Reports and submits to proper authorities as required.
- Actively participates in all areas of the hiring process.
- Develops, organizes, and coordinates the City’s responsibility related to Federal/State programs concerning minority affairs, minority recruitment for safety forces and contract compliance.
- Coordinates and implements new regulations, documentation, program design, and contractual responsibility of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Completes all required EEO Reports and submits to proper authorities as required.
- Monitors and investigates discrimination complaints within all departments.
- Creates and implements new or revised City policies and procedures; maintains and updates the Employee Handbook
- Handles confidential information with discretion
- Perform other related duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across departments within the City
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and multi-task work goals
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent training, certification or work experience related to human resources or civil service administration
- Knowledge of Oho Revised Code (ORC) with regard to EEO and civil service mandates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Massillon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, national origin, age, political affiliation, or any other non-merit factor.
The City of Massillon is a drug-free workplace.
By Order of the Massillon Civil Service Commission
Elaine Campbell, Chairperson; Tony Townsend, Secretary; Margaret Elum, Assistant Secretary