|Date Posted||December 30, 2019|
The Canton Museum of Art (CMA) is seeking a part-time Patron Services & Gallery Attendant (PSA) to provide exceptional customer service and general security support to all guests and visitors. Responsibilities include:
- Greeting and welcoming visitors to the Museum's galleries, events, and classes – exhibits a positive, professional demeanor to all he/she interacts with
- Collecting admission fees, verifying membership status, registering visitors for classes, and promoting Museum events
- Monitoring visitor activity in the galleries via electronic surveillance and circulation as required; ensures timely action / reporting on concerns or incidents
- Assisting with Museum Boutique sales and inventory during regular hours and special events
- Using point of sale software to record sales and strictly follows cash handling procedures; follows Museum defined data entry standards
- Opening, closing, and securing the Museum galleries, classrooms, and receiving/shipping areas (depending on shifts)
- Part-time, Non-Exempt (may include weekend & evening hours if required)
- Hours: Regular Shift
- Tuesday: 10am – 5pm
- Thursday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: 1 – 5pm (alternating as needed)
Days and Times may change depending on meetings and events scheduled at the Museum. A monthly schedule will be provided to each PSA two weeks before the beginning of the month.
- Compensation: Hourly; Based in part on qualifications and experience.
Qualifications / Desired Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in a customer service related field, including retail.
- Prior experience and/or training in security operations desired, but not required.
- Outgoing and friendly personality—enjoy working with the public and meeting new people.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills for communicating with the public.
- Positive, team attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure with crowds.
- Resourceful, solution oriented, capable of thinking and working independently.
- Proficiency with computers, Windows / MS Office, and other technology (iPad, Square); ability to learn point-of-sale software.
- Be willing to attend Museum-sponsored events after hours and on weekends.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must pass a security background check with no past criminal record.
- Appreciation and understanding of the value of art and museums is desired.
To apply, please send a resume, introductory letter, and references to:
Mail: Canton Museum of Art | 1001 Market Avenue North | Canton, OH 44702 | Attn: Patron Services