|Date Posted||July 3, 2020|
The Canton Museum of Art (CMA) is seeking a part-time Patron Services & Gallery Attendant (PSA) to provide exceptional customer service, general security, and support to all Museum visitors. PSAs are responsible for working at the Museum’s Patron Services desk and retail store, interacting with the general public including greeting and welcoming visitors, answering questions and providing information about the Museum and its exhibits and programs.
- Greeting and welcoming visitors to the Museum's galleries, events, and classes – exhibits a positive, professional demeanor to all he/she interacts with
- Answering questions and providing information about the Museum and its exhibits and programs, promoting visitorship to the Museum and acting as a Museum representative at various exhibit posts
- Collecting admission fees, verifying membership status, registering visitors for classes, and promoting Museum events
- Fielding incoming telephone calls including routing calls and taking messages
- Monitoring visitor activity in the galleries via electronic surveillance and circulation as required; ensures timely action / reporting on concerns or incidents
- Assisting with Museum Boutique sales and inventory during regular hours and special events
- Ensure the retail store displays are maintained by cleaning and straightening merchandise
- Using point of sale software to record sales and strictly follows cash handling procedures; follows Museum defined data entry standards
- Opening, closing, and securing the Museum galleries, classrooms, and receiving/shipping areas (depending on shifts)
- Carrying out light cleaning of the Museum lobby, shop, and Patron Services desk
- Supporting other Museum departments with light clerical duties as assigned
Position Details: (NOTE - Hours Are Changed Due to COVID-19 Protocols. CMA is currently operating Tues - Friday, 10am to 4pm. Hours listed below are regular operating hours.)
- Part-time, Non-Exempt (may include weekend & evening hours if required)
- Hours: Regular Shift
- Tuesday: 10am – 5pm
- Thursday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: 1 – 5pm (alternating as needed)
- Compensation: Hourly; Based in part on qualifications and experience.
Qualifications / Desired Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s preferred.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in a customer service related field, including retail.
- Prior experience and/or training in security operations desired, but not required.
- Outgoing and friendly personality—enjoy working with the public and meeting new people.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills for communicating with the public.
- Positive, team attitude, attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure with crowds.
- Resourceful, solution oriented, capable of thinking and working independently.
- Proficiency with computers, Windows / MS Office, and other technology (iPad, Square); ability to learn point-of-sale software.
- Be willing to attend Museum-sponsored events after hours and on weekends.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must pass a security background check with no past criminal record.
- Appreciation and understanding of the value of art and museums is desired.
Download Full Position Description: CMA Patron Services & Gallery Attendant
To apply, please send a resume, introductory letter, and references to: