|Date Posted||July 2, 2019|
Oasis Outpatient Surgery Center is currently seeking an RN to join their team.
The Pre-Testing registered nurse reviews and prepares the patient for surgery at the ambulatory surgery center. They possess a universal knowledge of various orthopedic surgeries and methods of anesthesia, comorbidities and Oasis’ policies and procedures for restrictions and safe acceptance for a successful outpatient surgery experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, but not limited to the following:
- Utilize specialized nursing knowledge, nursing process and judgment to properly screen patients pre-operatively
- Possess extensive knowledge of lab work values in relation to disease processes
- Able to proactively screen for possible risks related to specific patient comorbidities and anesthesia and contacts PCP’s for various clearances
- Professionally communicates relevant patient information to surgeon, anesthesia, nursing and appropriate staff
- Coordinates case times on surgical schedule to accommodate patient comorbidity needs
- Contacts patients to review medical history and educates with preoperative instructions according to physician and anesthesia orders
- Knowledge of and compliant with Oasis’ administrative, medical, and nursing policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Currently licensed to practice in the State of Ohio.
- Certification in BLS, ACLS and PALS (expected while employed not a requirement for employment.)
- Five years of pre-testing and surgical nursing experience strongly preferred
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Responses to qualified candidates only.
Resumes accepted via Stark Jobs or JBallas@oasissurgery.com.
4760 Belpar St NW
Canton, Ohio 44718