|Location||90 Logan Parkway, Akron, OH|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2021|
If you're seeking a career, one that provides stability with a fun, team oriented atmosphere, here's a chance to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, your search ends here!
Hickory Harvest Foods, conveniently located in Akron, OH is a 3rd generation family owned business who's a leader in the ever constant growing multi-billion dollar healthy snacks industry! We are an ambitious company always seeking to build on our already successful track record and currently seeking energetic, motivated individuals who want to grow with us!
SUMMARY: Operate machine to company standards and communicate job functions to line workers. Perform changeovers to machine when new product/size is being run. Function as back-up to primary machine operator assigned to other lines, including completing food-packing duties, when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to efficiently operate multiple lines
- Consistently run any line, at or above company standards
- Accurately complete daily paperwork
- Train/develop line workers on specific jobs duties
- Troubleshooting to resolve equipment malfunctions
- Rotate line workers
- Implement GMP policies
- Comply with quality procedures
- Comply with safety procedures
- Perform changeovers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2-year machine operator experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to direct activities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to train others and evaluate employee performance
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Reports to the Production Supervisor
- Works closely with Production, Warehouse and Quality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, stretch, stoop, bend, and use hands and fingers. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs. This position requires the employee to be able to read, write, and communicate orally in English. In addition, the employee must be able to hear and have color vision.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Machine Operator I
Job Responsibilities, Priority List:
1. Run machine at standard rates
2. Setup machine and produce good bags
3. Troubleshoot & resolve minor issues
4. Complete daily paperwork
5. Complete quality review
6. Flexibility to assist other areas of plant