|Date Posted||April 3, 2019|
- Schedule patients for their procedures as ordered by physician or nurse practitioner.
- Schedule patients to outside physicians. Transmit required medical records. Obtain required insurance authorization.
- Educate patients regarding the prep for their procedure(s) explaining the need to follow all directions.
- Schedule and update patient information in computer when necessary.
- Send a letter to the patient when unable to contact by phone for scheduling.
- Knowledgeable in insurance plans and their requirements if pre-certification is required
- Verify if there is a referral needed from their primary care physician.
- Send out pertinent forms to patients after scheduling.
- Follow up on all orders requested by provider in EMR.
- Reschedule patients when necessary resulting from the patient needing to reschedule or a change in the physician’s schedule.
- Document all phone calls for scheduling and/or cancellations.
- Pre-certify capsule endoscopy and radiology tests when required by insurance
- Coordinate in-house US Tech schedule. Call and confirm ultrasound patients
- Coordinate hospital schedule with on-call physician and hospital NP
- Report “incidents” per the policy and procedure established by the corporation
- All other duties as assigned
Job Eligibility Requirements:
- Medical Assistant degree or previous experience in medical office scheduling
- Possess good communication skills with both co-workers and the public.
- Friendly and courteous at all times with both the public and with co-workers.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Possess an ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Familiar with HIPAA regulations