|January 2, 2024
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Hybrid Work Schedule, Onsite: Tuesday - Thursday
Manufacturing organization is seeking an Analyst that will be responsible for providing support of sourcing projects, and supplier management within the procurement organization.
Your Seat at the Table
- Contribute to the development of improved strategic sourcing strategies.
- Leverage the organization’s buying power to optimize costs, access new suppliers, reduce lead times, and guarantee supply.
- Collect and evaluate information about potential suppliers.
- Provide supply market and sourcing advice and recommendations.
- Provides research and input into the financial sourcing aspects of contracts and calls for tender when information is not readily available.
- Maintain knowledge on various market trends and recommend sourcing strategies for market.
- Administer all performance metrics such as delivery time and price variance.
- Assistance with Request for Quotes, Bid Analysis, Volume Tracking for Rebates and against contracts
- Supports purchasing/sourcing management in activities such as price benchmarking, vendor management, process analysis, market and industry research, and model building
- Develop, implement and use tools and technology for managing and analyzing the supplier portfolio
What You Bring to the Table
- BS Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of procurement experience is preferred.
- 1 year data analysis experience.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in buying and selling.
- Proven capability in technical and fundamental analysis
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office software skills.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal.
- Ability to adapt well to change.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong proven leadership capability, prior supervisory experience is preferred.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.