|Date Posted||May 11, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Pay Rate: $20/hour plus we will pay up to $1000 per month towards an apartment.
Your seat at the table
Snacks is currently looking for a Procurement Intern to work 40 hours per week for the summer. The Procurement intern will work closely with Shearers procurement team to gain industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and projects.
- Work with procurement team on cost modeling development, supplier performance programs, purchase price variance, and value creation
- Support the maintenance of procurement attributes that drive our supply chain planning programs
- Purchase Order Management
- Invoice variance investigation and resolution
- Participate in the financial governance process
- Support category managers in preparing and executing category strategies, quarterly business review, and ideation requirements
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
What you bring to the table
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, or Economics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in teams as well as independently
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Apply for this job at Shearer's Snacks