|Date Posted||August 27, 2019|
This Supervisor position is responsible for supervising employees in a manufacturing environment; which includes saws, mills, grinders, brazed, and other fabrication equipment. The Supervisor will plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures; and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. This position supervises all production employees and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure effective employee relations, provide employee coaching and development, make employment decisions; and resolve employee issues through problem resolution
- Build and maintain good working relationships with employees and management
- Provide environment which stimulates employee involvement and personal growth through communication, suggestions, development training plans, etc.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas – work to continuously improve in all areas
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls, and provide regular progress reports to the General Manager
- Perform accident investigations.
- Manage department priorities
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping
- The tasks listed above are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years Management or Supervisory experience required
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated
- Must be able to professionally interact with customers, employees, and management as necessary
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, hearing protection is required.
Please Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.