|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
Powell’s mission, “Solving our Customers’ Toughest Problems”, is Powered by Safety®, and completed through Powell’s core values: Customer first, Respect for Our Employees, “Can-do” attitude, and Commitment to Improve. Powell is focused on enhancing the wellbeing of each employee – on and off the job. Come see what Powell is all about, and join our team of experts today!
Employee assists Painters, Machine Operators, Welders, Material Handlers, and Leadpersons in performance of their work. Employee works under close supervision.
- Load unpainted metal parts onto the Paint Line.
- Load copper bars and pipe onto the Bus Insulation Line Conveyor.
- Unload painted metal parts from the Paint Line and properly attach the required part identification label.
- Assist with daily and weekly preventative maintenance of the Paint Line & Bus Insulation Line equipment and facilities.
- Move parts from one manufacturing operation to the next operation according to the part routing.
- Remove finished parts from sheet metal skeletons.
- Sort and stack parts by part number & job number combination.
- Assemble kits of parts to be welded.
- Assist machine operators with various tasks upon request.
- On occasion, be required to perform labor task such as painting, grinding, sanding or general cleaning task as directed by your supervisor or leadperson. Lifting of up to 50 lbs consistently.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow company operating procedures, safety rules and ISO requirements.
- Ability to learn to read mechanical part or assembly drawings.
- Ability to read and use a linear tape measure.
- Ability to work independently or part of a small team and perform required tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area by picking up trash and sweeping the floor. End of shift clean up is required.
- Ability to use computer software to control equipment or look-up company information.
- Ability to use basic math, reading and writing skills to perform job function.
From strategic locations across the world, Powell is focused to deliver superior value to its customers through a full range of differentiated IEC and ANSI products and services. This offering is designed to satisfy the discerning requirements of the global market, across all industry sectors. Powell’s equipment is used to safely and successfully power the operations of a diverse customer base:
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation and Distribution
- Pulp and Paper
- Food and Beverage
- Mining and Metals
- Electric Utilities
- Traction Power
The Powell culture has and will always be founded through our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do it by transforming our visions into reality. Powell’s goal is to be the company our customers can call when it absolutely has to be done right and on time. Our custom engineered-to-order solutions are second to none in providing the value you need and expect.
The electrical power industry is amongst the most safety-conscious groups in the world. Powell's core philosophy, to be Powered by Safety®, ensures our products are designed to reinforce this position by bringing safety-related features to our customers. Powell knows and understands the concern of engineers, operators, maintenance technicians, employees, and suppliers. Compared to our peers, we deliver the most value by developing products and systems that function at the highest degree of safety while providing the ultimate in skilled operation and design.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability.
To request an accommodation, send an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
To ensure a seamless application process please use any internet browser other than Internet Explorer to apply.