|Date Posted||March 27, 2019|
Gregory Industries, a reputable longstanding Canton company, has an excellent full-time opportunity for a well-organized, dependable, career-oriented person in our strut division.
Scope of Position – Efficient & timely purchase of materials, goods, components & accessories. Responsibilities include various purchasing related tasks including vendor sourcing, price negotiating, clerical processing/PO entry, stocking & replenishment of factory & regional warehouses, and daily interface with sales team.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Place orders / prep PO’s with suppliers/vendors
- Interface with sales team
- Manage purchasing variables including price, availability, terms, conditions, on-time delivery, stocking levels/inventories.
- Perform data input
- Compare and negotiate best pricing
- Manage supplier/vendor communications
- Assist in locating and developing new suppliers as needed.
- Evaluate/negotiate pricing
- Handle returns
- Compare bills with bids and purchase orders, verify accuracy
- Manage import purchases & customs
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years of experience in a Purchasing environment preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment a plus
- Experience in working with ERP system highly desirable
Interested applicants must submit their application at the Gregory Industries website to be considered.
Applications submitted using the Apply Online button WILL NOT be accepted.