|Date Posted||February 26, 2019|
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
About us: Coastal Pet Products, Inc. is the world’s largest pet collar and leash manufacturer. Fifty years strong, our Ohio-based, family owned company is a leader in the pet industry with an unwavering commitment to innovation, safety and quality. We design and deliver quality products that people trust for the pets they love. We are committed to being a great place to work and encourage associates to excel and grow professionally.
About the position: We are looking for an exceptional team member to help us deliver best in class products and services to our customers. The Purchasing Buyer procures and maintains raw materials and finished good inventories. The Buyer optimizes and maintains existing vendor relationships, drives continuous improvement through the supply chain, and evaluations potential new suppliers.
- Place, review and revise Purchase Orders to suppliers based on MRP demand as well as information from various sources and knowledge of CPP’s supply chain and material requirements.
- Expedite orders – determine what items need expedited; then follow up with vendor on details.
- Substitutions – Analyze inventories and incoming purchase orders to determine what items will be out of stock. Buyer needs to use judgment along with various reports to determine what quantities can be substituted into another item.
- Determine EOQ and negotiate MOQ’s.
- Analyze commodity market activity and trends to verify changes are valid, negotiate costing options if applicable.
- Source raw and indirect materials for existing items. Provide cost comparisons and other related information to Category Managers to aid in sourcing Finished Goods.
- Manage freight costs by consolidating overseas bookings and utilizing rate shopping for domestic freight.
- Maintain C-TPAT documents annually. Identify potential issues and work with vendor to take corrective action.
- Research and evaluate existing and potential suppliers based on all relevant criteria.
Skills and knowledge required for this position would generally be acquired with a four-year college degree with an emphasis on business subjects followed by 2 or more years of experience in a Purchasing Buyer position; or 5 years of successful experience in a Purchasing Buyer role.
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Manages Complexity
Professional certifications in Purchasing and Materials Management through the Institute of Supply Management (I.S.M.) and the American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) are desired. These include: C.P.M., CPSM, CPIM, CSCP, & CFPIM.
At Coastal Pet, we value people as the source of our strength and we appreciate your interest in our company. If you want to join a team that works each day to live out our passion for pets, people, and progress, then please apply for this great opportunity. Coastal Pet Products, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online. Email applications will not be accepted.