|Date Posted||November 21, 2019|
Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist
Our growing business is searching for a qualified Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist to oversee our inventory and purchasing operations. If you are an experienced and competent individual with in-depth knowledge of inventory management systems and procedures, then we’re looking for you! In this role, your duties will include maintaining budgets, analyzing materials, and researching vendors.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills. To excel in this role, the Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist needs in-depth knowledge of supply chain and budgeting processes. Ultimately, you are tasked with ensuring all of our departments have adequate access to the materials they need.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to guidelines
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and stocking inventory
- Research potential vendors and negotiate prices
- Recommend solutions to existing processes to reduce waste and increase quantity.
- Collaborate with management to plan forecasting models
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the facility
- Develop and execute inventory cycle count process to assure high inventory accuracies
- Develop and maintain supply-chain relationships and negotiate with vendors
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Ensure prompt and accurate updating of the computer systems
- Prepare and file detailed records on procurement activity, material usage, and vendors.
- Design and maintain department budgets.
- Resolve material shortages, backlogs and other potential inventory interruptions
- Create strategic solutions to improve material flow at multiple levels
- Previous working experience in Purchasing and Inventory Control
- BS/BA in Business, logistics or similar relevant field preferred
- Accounting background preferred
- HST Patient Management System and IOS Envi Interface experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of supply chain and inventory management systems
- Hands on experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinking with problem solving aptitude
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
This position operates in a professional medical facility environment. This position routinely uses standard medical office equipment and handles medical supplies. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, and kneeling. Must be able to lift up to 50#.
Response to qualified candidates only.
Resumes accepted via Starkjobs.com or email@example.com
4889 Munson St
Canton, Ohio 44718