Quality Assurance Supervisor
|Date Posted||September 7, 2021|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Your seat at the table
The Quality Assurance Supervisor position is accountable for the efficient coordination of team members aiming to conduct tests to determine the quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate, and finished products, through effective execution in directing and monitoring the quality assurance process, and leading and developing team members. Sanitation experience is a plus!
- Supervises and monitors the activities of employees engaged in conducting tests to determine the quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate, and finished products
- Ensures behaviors, practices, and the work environment supports a safe and food safe workplace by enforcing safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, and sanitation rules and principles
- Ensures product quality via periodic auditing of specification adherence
- Communicate issues and developments identified during quality assurance activities along with corrective actions
- Customer complaint investigation and root cause analysis
- Coordinate new hire orientation and annual training for employees relating to quality and food safety programs
- Utilizes metrics/data to evaluate and improve quality assurance procedures and processes
- Oversees calibration, maintenance, and repair of quality assurance equipment
- Monitor, support, and enforce all food safety processes and procedures including SQF, AIB, and customer specific standards
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards
- Trained as PCQI, conducts verification/validation of preventative controls
- Trained as SQF Practitioner
- Participation in Internal Audits and Food Safety inspections
- Conducts reviews of non-conforming material (raw, finished product) and ensures product control is maintained and corrective actions are developed
- Support recall program activities (trace exercises, mass balances, training)
- Serve as HACCP Coordinator
- Assists in implementing quality assurance improvement plans to improve quality assurance procedures
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet performance standards
- Coordinate direct report scheduling to satisfy facility needs
- Utilizes standard work processes to ensure repeatable performance
- Monitors quality assurance goals and levels to make sure they are consistent with performance standards
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Observes quality control equipment and product to ensure that employees conform to quality assurance standards
- Tracks employees’ work performance and attendance to ensure performance metrics are met
- Directs employees involved in the quality assurance process
What you bring to the table
- High school or equivalent degree required; a 4 year bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a quality assurance management or supervision role, preferably in the food processing industry. Experience may be used as a substitute for education
- Sanitation experience is a plus
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.