Quality Control Inspector
|Date Posted||June 7, 2019|
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for maintaining quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
• Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
• Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
• Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
• Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
• Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Analyzing Information, Reporting Research Results, Documentation Skills, Promoting Process Improvement, Safety Management, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Supports Innovation, CAD, Quality Engineering, Operations Research
• 3+ years in Quality Control environment.
• Experienced in using visual and mechanical inspection tools (e.g. microscope, gages, micrometer, caliper, comparator, etc.).
• Good oral and written communication skills; Must possess strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings, and engineering documentation;
• Strong systems and software skills - word processing, spreadsheets, computer applications; Applied Mathematic skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Ability to organize, prioritize and produce desired results
• Must be adaptable and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Good analytical skills
• Must be very familiar with standard quality concepts, sound quality practices, and procedures for piece part, assembly and system level inspections, verifications and validations.