|Date Posted||October 10, 2019|
The Big Picture
Howden is a global engineering business who focuses on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experience in doing so. We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector based in Medina/OH, US to join our dynamic and fast paced environment. In this role you will be responsible for performing axial fan inspections and generating reports, as well as performing receiving, assembly and balancing inspections.
What needs to be done?
- Documents inspections and maintains records of inspections.
- Maintains Quality documents in appropriate Project or Purchasing file.
- Performs inspections to determine acceptability of components and/or operations.
- Maintains gauge calibration program for Quality and Medina Production.
- Interfaces with Customers and Inspectors concerning Medina quality activities.
- Assists shop and field service by performing non routine inspection.
- Generates/organizes final Quality documentation for Customer submittal.
- Initiates Non-Conforming Material Request or Re-Build Inspections into HQMS and perform liaison with Engineering, Production, Purchasing and/or Project Management as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
What do you need to bring?
- Minimum two years experience in a manufacturing, weld fabrication, machining and/or inspection environment
- Previous experience in a quality and manufacturing environment
- High school graduate
- Technical degree is a plus
What will you get in return?
- We offer the right candidate, a great opportunity to develop professionally and personally in an international company, who is focused on delivering environmentally friendly products to the world. It's an opportunity to work for a global engineering organisation in a challenging and dynamic role with great development opportunities. Furthermore you will be working directly with employees on the shop floor, customers and suppliers.
The advantages of working at Howden:
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities– 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organisation are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.