|Date Posted||March 23, 2020|
Gregory Industries, a reputable mid-sized steel manufacturing company, has an outstanding opportunity for a Receiving Supervisor at the 13th Street, Canton facility.
The primary responsibilities of this position is to plan and organize the day-to-day receiving of Gregory products within the warehouse and shipping yard and oversee the receipt, storage and transfer of goods in an organized and efficient manner.
- Manage the inbound schedule
- Count and verify inbound material meets the company’s quality standards
- Follow proper storage plan
- Manage material to accommodate FIFO
- Verify proper receipts in ERP
- Follow and enforce all receiving processes and procedures
- Communicate with operations and sales to solve any issues
- Monitor productivity for the inbound process
- Conduct cycle count to verify correct inventory levels and identify slow moving inventory
- Work with sales to establish min/max levels for purchased inventory
- 2+ years shipping/receiving supervision experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of safety programs and regulations
- Ability to analyze information in order to optimize schedules / productivity
- Excellent problem solver
- Good knowledge of labor savings practices
- Ability to coach and mentor employees for maximum effectiveness
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with roll-forming industry
- Communication and Conflict resolution skills.
We offer a drug & tobacco-free, safe working environment and an excellent wage/bonus and benefit package. This is a salary non-exempt position on day shift.
Interested applicants must complete an online application on our website. Applications submitted through the Apply Online button will NOT be accepted.
Gregory Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.