|Date Posted||March 31, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
The Regulatory Specialist is responsible for executing regulatory tasks, enhancing regulatory expertise, and delivering exemplary collaboration with other departments and functions.
Your seat at the table
- Accurate and timely completion of nutrition fact panels utilizing ESHAs Genesis software.
- Thorough and timely film compliance reviews in keeping with FDA and USDA regulations.
- Maintain ingredient documentation and allergen matrices for all facilities.
- Assure specialized certifications, including but not limited to Kosher, Halal, nonGMO, Gluten Free, Organic and Whole Grain Council.
- Respond to consumer inquires/complaints as assigned by the Regulatory Manager.
- Assist with International Regulatory Tasks. Includes such tasks as supporting 3rd. party consultants and supplying country specific documents as needed.
- Maintain and further develop ingredient databases to comply with FSMA and other internal corporate needs.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Enhance Regulatory Expertise
- Work with manager to develop their professional growth and development plan.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities (webinar, seminars, workshops, etc)Deliver Cross Functional Collaboration
- Build relationships across other functional partners to assure positive work place
- Effectively communicate regulatory reasoning and appropriate recommendations on regulatory positions to Product Development and Sales partners
- Participate in special projects and team meetings across the organization
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Nutrition, Biology, Chemistry or other related field is required.
- Prefer previous experience in FDA regulatory labeling compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Prefer experience with ESHA Genesis (or other) nutritional program software.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!