|Date Posted||May 1, 2019|
Job Title: Resident Advisor
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
- Possession of a valid Ohio Driver's License and be insurable.
- Reliable transportation
- Positive attitude, and the aptitude to complete various assigned tasks.
- Open availability, and a willingness to work around a schedule that is subjected to changes and working additional hours as needed.
- Must have the ability to effectively work well with diverse groups of contacts, including: employees, clientele, and external associates of the agency.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk around at various times throughout work shift.
- Six (6) months of experience in a security position or relevant environment.
- Proficient in charting, filing, and operating computers.
- Routinely documents each clients' whereabouts by completing shift reports, headcounts, individual logs, violation reports, and FYI reports.
- Keeps facility in a clean and operable condition, and checks for safety of all areas.
- Attends scheduled training and maintains the required number of annual training hours.
- In compliance with agency policies, other duties include but are not limited to:
- Administering drug screenings in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Assigning and supervising facility job duties of clients.
- Supervising daily activities of clients including signing in-and-out of facility, recreation, self-help meetings, visitations, community service, and meal times.
- Conducting searches, i.e. pat searches, dorm rooms, cars, etc.
- Completing alcohol sensor tests, scheduled fire drills, disaster drills, and emergency procedures.
- Providing clients with prescribed medication and accurately maintaining related records. Immediately report any discrepancies, to supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Transporting clients to and from the institution or County Jail.
- Remaining at post until relieved by another employee. May be required to work additional hours.
- Performing other duties as assigned.