ReStore Dock Manager
|Date Posted||July 24, 2019|
|Skills||Retail, organization, warehouse|
ReStore Dock Manager
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO
The Director of Retail Operations for Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio (HFHECO)
This person will be responsible for overseeing the donation process, provide leadership to staff and volunteers. Maintain the warehouse, outdoor areas and storage facilities in a safe and orderly manner. Assist the ReStore Manager with the development of safety procedures and ensure all staff and volunteers are trained in appropriate equipment and tool usage. Work with the ReStore Store Manager to provide general oversight of store operations.
The Dock Manager must understand and appreciate the mission of HFHECO. Qualified candidates must also:
- High school diploma or a GED.
- 1-3 years, experience in warehouse, merchandising, customer service management role.
- Ability to operate a tow motor, forklift with the willingness to learn and obtain certification if needed.
- Computer knowledge.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic and must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and diffuse challenging situations with professionalism. Excellent communication and conflict skills required.
- Commitment to a safe working environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers while having the ability to perform most tasks in the absence of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds and operate a variety of power tools and machinery.
- Provide leadership to staff and volunteers organizing and prioritizing donations in a safe and timely manner.
- Supervise Truck drivers and assistants in performing truck pick-ups of donated items. Oversee the unloading of the truck.
- Assist the ReStore Store Manager in displaying of donations on the showroom floor.
- Maintain the safety and security of the donation and warehouse areas. Uphold and initiate appropriate policies to minimize theft.
- Price merchandise.
- Inform the ReStore Store Manager of all supplies needed in a timely manner. Examples of this are towels, cleaners, sterifab, etc.
- Work with the ReStore Store Manager to maintain the orderly display of all merchandise and overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Oversee the process of assisting customers with the removal of purchased merchandise from the store.
- Ensure ReStore policies and procedures are closely followed in the donation area and outside yard, and that policies are followed regarding unacceptable items.
- Responsible for ensuring that all items placed on the showroom floor are in good working order, oversee minor repairs on items when appropriate.
- Open and close the Restore for daily scheduled hours as well as general oversight of store operations and volunteer management.
- Maintain all tools are in good working condition.
- ReStore Dock Manager must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. and have the ability to spend the majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.