ReStore Dock/Truck Assistant
|Date Posted||May 7, 2019|
Position: ReStore Dock/Truck Assistant
Employment status: Full-Time/Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
This position reports to: The Director of Retail Operations
About this position: This person will assist in the overseeing of the donation process both in store and during pickups from both residential and business donors. The Dock/Truck Assistant will help maintain the sales floor and warehouse, outdoor areas and storage facilities in a safe and orderly manner.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations: A valid driver’s license is preferred, but not required. Must pass a Criminal Background Check, Sexual Offender Check, and Drug Test.
About you: To thrive in this position, you must:
- High school diploma or a GED.
- 1-3 years, experience in warehouse, merchandising, customer service preferred.
- Ability to operate a tow motor, forklift with the willingness to learn and obtain certification if needed.
- Computer knowledge.
- Understand and support the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Must be willing to understand the big picture of the HFHECO ministry and know that the ReStore is only a part of the larger goal
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic and must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with professionalism. Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills and conflict skills required.
- Commitment to a safe working environment.
- Must be willing to wear appropriate uniform and safety gear
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Provide leadership to volunteers organizing and prioritizing donations in a safe and timely manner.
- Assist the ReStore Donation Truck Drivers and Assistants, if needed, in performing truck pick-ups of donated items and the unloading of the truck.
- Assist in ensuring that all items placed on the showroom floor are in good working order, oversee minor repairs on items when appropriate.
- Assist in leadership to volunteers organizing and prioritizing donations in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain the safety and security of the donation and warehouse areas. Uphold and initiate appropriate policies to minimize theft.
- Assist the ReStore Donation Truck Drivers and Riders, if needed, in performing truck pick-ups of donated items. Oversee the unloading of the truck.
- Assist in displaying of donations on the showroom floor.
- Work with ReStore Dock Manager to maintain the orderly display of all merchandise and overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Oversee the process of assisting customers with the removal of purchased merchandise from the store.
- Ensure ReStore policies and procedures are closely followed in the donation area and outside yard, and that policies are followed regarding unacceptable items.
- Maintain all tools are in good working condition.
- Load and unload all donated materials including cabinets, appliances, furniture, building materials, box items, and others.
- Screen for product usability and communicate effectively and professionally with the donor on site.
- Empty the ReStore truck of all merchandise and trash at the end of each work day.
- Ride along in HFHECO vehicles to pick-up donated goods.
- Assist driver to ensure all Habitat regulations and state driving laws are
- Take truck inventory daily and replenish necessary materials such as first aid, safety materials, donor receipts and other Habitat paperwork.
- Communicate with ReStore Floor Co-Manager regarding any maintenance needs for HFHECO vehicles.
- Coordinate with ReStore Donation Truck Driver for routine exterior truck cleaning.
Physical Demands: ReStore Dock/Truck Assistant must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. and have the ability to spend the majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.