|Date Posted||August 20, 2019|
|Skills||Retail, organization, warehouse|
Position: ReStore Donation Assistant
Employment status: Full-Time or Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
This position reports to: The Director of Retail Operations
About this position: The ReStore Donation Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service during the donation process both in store and during pickups from both residential and business donors. Additionally, maintain the sales floor, warehouse, and outdoor areas in a safe and orderly manner.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED. 1-3 years’ experience in warehouse, merchandising, or customer service preferred. Previous retail experience is a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations: A valid driver’s license is preferred, but not required. Must pass a Criminal Background Check, Sexual Offender Check, and Drug Test.
The ReStore Donation Assistant must understand and appreciate the mission of HFHECO. Qualified candidates must also:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Possess an absolute commitment to job safety and security.
- Computer system experience preferred.
- Must be customer satisfaction-oriented.
- Must be willing to wear the appropriate uniform and safety gear.
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with professionalism.
- Work with others to organize and maintain store safety and cleanliness.
- Assist with both loading and unloading merchandise from vehicles.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Accurately price merchandise to be sold at ReStore and display on sales floor.
- Operate a tow motor, forklift with the willingness to learn and obtain certification if needed.
- Assist in ensuring that all items placed on the showroom floor are in good working order, oversee minor repairs on items when appropriate.
- Assist in leadership to volunteers organizing and prioritizing donations in a safe and timely manner.
- Screen for product usability and communicate effectively and professionally with the donor on site. Follow policies regarding unacceptable items.
- Ride along in HFHECO vehicles to pick-up donated goods as needed.
- Assist driver to ensure all Habitat regulations and state driving laws are followed.
- Take truck inventory daily and replenish necessary materials such as first aid, safety materials, donor receipts and other Habitat paperwork.
- Communicate with ReStore Inventory Coordinator regarding any maintenance needs for HFHECO vehicles.
- Empty the ReStore truck of all merchandise and trash at the end of each work day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: ReStore Donation Assistant must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. and have the ability to spend the majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.