|Date Posted||May 12, 2020|
ReStore Donation Associate
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO
The Director of Retail Operations of Habitat for Humanity East Central Ohio. This position also works closely with the ReStore Donation Coordinator and the ReStore Dock Manager.
The ReStore Donation Associate is a well-rounded position assisting ReStore with all donation responsibilities, including, but not limited to, pickup of merchandise from both residential and business donors, donation drop-offs at ReStore, unloading, cleaning, preparing, and organizing merchandise, and organizing and cleaning the store.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Truck driving experience is desired, no CDL required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check, Sexual Offender Check, and Drug Test.
The ReStore Donation Associate must understand and appreciate the mission of HFHECO. Qualified candidates must also:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic and must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with professionalism.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Possess an absolute commitment to job safety.
- Have the ability to spend majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Have the ability to repetitively pull and lift 70 pounds.
- Be willing to understand and advocate the Habitat ministry as it relates to ReStore.
- Ability to follow processes while being flexible to change direction when needed.
- Be willing to wear appropriate uniform and safety gear.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Drive and ride in HFHECO ReStore box trucks.
- Screen for product usability and communicate effectively and professionally with the donor on site.
- Load and unload all donated materials including, but not limited to cabinets, appliances, furniture, building materials, box items, and others.
- Take truck inventory daily and replenish necessary materials such as first aid, safety materials, donor receipts and other Habitat paperwork.
- Empty the ReStore truck of all merchandise and trash at the end of each work day.
- Communicate with ReStore Operations Manager regarding any maintenance or cleaning needs for HFHECO vehicles.
- Follow all Habitat regulations and state driving laws.
- Move, clean, and prepare donated items for the retail floor.
- Move, process and load sold items for customers.
- Assist donors with in-store donations.
- Assist customers as needed with ReStore purchases.
- Assist with accurately pricing merchandise to be sold in ReStore.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing and new products in the store.
- Work with others to organize and maintain store safety and cleanliness.
- Assist with all aspects of Online Store
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Willingness to conduct inventory checks and product organization outside of store hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: ReStore Donation Associate must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. and have the ability to spend the majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.