|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
ReStore Donation Operations Manager
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO
The Director of Retail Operations for Humanity East Central Ohio (HFHECO)
The ReStore Donation Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the donation and loadout processes while leading, training, mentoring, and delegating both staff and volunteers. Process, price, display, and store donated product in a safe and orderly manner. Work with ReStore Management to provide general oversight of store operations.
The ReStore Donation Operations Manager must understand and appreciate the mission of HFHECO. Qualified candidates must also:
- High school diploma or a GED.
- 1+ year in a customer facing/customer service role is required. Previous retail experience is a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a warehouse management or customer service management role.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers while having the ability to perform most tasks in the absence of staff and volunteers
- Self-motivated, reliable, enthusiastic, and must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and diffuse challenging situations with professionalism. Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills required.
- Operate a tow motor, forklift with the willingness to learn and obtain certification if needed.
- Computer knowledge.
- Commitment to a safe working environment.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds and operate a variety of power tools and machinery.
- Promote a culture of courteous and prompt service to donors and customers at all times while providing information on the mission of HFHECO.
- Supervise the intake of drop-off donations and oversee the unloading of the donation trucks.
- Oversee the process of assisting customers with the removal of purchased merchandise from the store.
- Accurately price merchandise to be sold in the ReStore. Interpret and apply pricing procedures while utilizing internet resources to research new and unique items.
- Responsible for ensuring that all items to be placed on the showroom floor are in good working order.
- Assist ReStore Management in display of donations on the showroom floor.
- Work with the ReStore Leadership to maintain the orderly display of all merchandise and overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Ensure ReStore policies and procedures are closely followed in the donation area and outside yard, and that policies are followed regarding unacceptable items.
- Maintain the safety and security of the donation and warehouse areas. Uphold and initiate appropriate policies to minimize theft.
- Inform the Director of Retail Operations of all supplies needed in a timely manner. Examples of this are towels, cleaners, sterifab, etc.
- Open and close the Restore for daily scheduled hours as well as general oversight of store operations and volunteer management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ReStore Donation Operations Manager must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. and have the ability to spend the majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.