|Date Posted||September 6, 2019|
|Skills||Loading and unloading furniture, driving box trucks, organization, warehouse|
Position: ReStore Donation Truck Driver
Employment status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
This position reports to: The Director of Retail Operations. This position works closely with the ReStore Inventory Coordinator and the ReStore Floor Manager.
About this position: This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service during the donation process during pickups from both residential and business donors. Merchandise should be picked up in a timely and courteous fashion and be loaded into the ReStore truck, and returned to the ReStore for unloading.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma or GED and truck driving experience. A CDL is not required, but preferred. Applicants must be at least 21 years old.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations: A valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required. Must pass a Criminal Background Check, Sexual Offender Check, and Drug Test.
The ReStore Donation Truck Driver must understand and appreciate the mission of HFHECO. Qualified candidates must also:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Possess an absolute commitment to job safety and security.
- Must be customer satisfaction-oriented.
- Must be willing to wear the appropriate uniform.
- Must enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with professionalism.
- Ability to spend majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Work with others to organize and maintain store safety and cleanliness.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Drive HFHECO vehicles to pick-up donated goods.
- Follow all Habitat regulations and state driving laws.
- Take truck inventory daily and replenish necessary materials such as first aid, safety materials, donor receipts and other Habitat paperwork.
- Screen for product usability and communicate effectively and professionally with the donor on site.
- Load and unload all donated materials including cabinets, appliances, furniture, building materials, box items, and others.
- Empty the ReStore truck of all merchandise and trash at the end of each work day.
- Communicate with ReStore Inventory Coordinator regarding any maintenance or cleaning needs for HFHECO vehicles.
Physical Demands: ReStore Donation Truck Driver must be able to lift a minimum of 70 lbs. and have the ability to spend the majority of the day moving. Work may require bending, kneeling, navigating steps, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.