|October 24, 2023
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm (must be able to work off shifts when needed)
$24.45 Hourly rate
BENEFITS AFTER 30 DAYS! PTO AFTER 90 DAYS!
Your seat at the best snacks table:
You will play a critical role for the Brewster manufacturing facility. The Coordinator undertakes operational activities required to meet the Safety and Environmental Plan. Activities include facilitating the flow of health & safety information and programs, providing training on general EHS program requirements and completing EHS projects, audits and inspections. This is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes exposure to high temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, and loud noise levels.
- Participate in and set the example for an interdependent safety and environmental culture capable of achieving zero incidents and injuries
- Deliver training to create a culture of safety, ensure competence and compliance
- Deliver safety orientation training to prepare new employees for safe work
- Administer behavior based programs to create a brother’s keeper safety culture
- Participate in incident and emergency response, investigation, root cause analysis
- Partner with employees and supervisor to complete investigations, identification of root causes for all incidents
- Gather and report safety and environmental metrics
- Conduct safety and environmental risk assessments and audits
- Participate in team based safety and environmental processes
- Administer near miss reporting and correction process (including tracking and closure)
- Implement and oversee employee PPE supply and distribution
- Implement environmental and safety communications processes (toolbox talks, communication boards, newsletters, etc.)
- Perform safety and environmental regulatory inspections (SWPPP, SPCC, Wastewater, LOTO, Confined Space, Egress, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Maintain current knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and practices through networking and seminars
- Participate in implementation, administration and recordkeeping to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental requirements
What you bring to the party:
Education and Work Experience
- Internal Candidates must have less than 5 Points to be considered
- 2-5 years of job related experience
- Experience with training and/or facilitating
- Participation in inspections, implementation, administration and recordkeeping to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental requirements.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90-days.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
LOCATION: 692 Wabash Ave N Brewster, Oh 44613
This is your invitation to apply now!