|Date Posted||July 19, 2019|
|Skills||The Safety Engineer will work with the Project Managers, as well as customers to design, document and review all safety for the supplied equipment to ensure it is in compliance with OSHA guidelines. The ability to communicate these solutions to the team and the customer is important as well. Great written and verbal communication skills are required.|
Butech Bliss is a company that sets itself apart from its competitors by offering the most innovative design, manufacturing and service in our industry. This is accomplished by building and nurturing a workforce of exceptional employees. We recruit top talent by offering an exceptional employment package and fostering a supportive culture and a pleasant working environment. Under an extensive growth strategy, Butech Bliss, is seeking well-qualified individuals to fill a Safety Engineer position.
The ideal candidate will be capable to work with the project manager and other mechanical and electrical engineers to understand the design intent in order to develop a sounds safety system. The Safety Engineer will work with the Project Managers, as well as customers to design, document and review all safety for the supplied equipment to ensure it is in compliance with OSHA guidelines. The ability to communicate these solutions to the team and the customer is important as well. Great written and verbal communication skills are required. A two year degree in Safety Management / Safety Engineering or equivalent work experience is required; 2-3 years of experience is preferred. Experience in the steel industry is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate safety activities with the Project Manager to assure effective implementation of the safety program in effect for the project.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current health and safety policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure that they meet safety requirements.
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms.
- Ensure that buildings or products comply with health and safety regulations, especially after an inspection that required changes.
- Install safety devices on machinery or direct the installation of these devices.
- Maintain compliance with applicable OSHA, EPA and other Safety, Health and Environmental regulations.
- Align resources, priorities and actions to strategic operational priorities.
Butech Bliss offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical insurance premium at no cost to employee, $1,500 deductible and 100% paid once deductible is met, a $750 dental/eye reimbursement, 401K with employer match up to 4%, generous paid vacation, bi-annual raises and much more.
All interested candidates are encouraged to complete an application and submit with a cover letter, including current salary to: Butech Bliss, Attn: HR Manager, 550 South Ellsworth Ave., Salem, Ohio 44460. Please visit our website at www.butechbliss.com to download an application.
Equal Opportunity Employer No Agencies Accepted