|Date Posted||November 2, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Manager, Sanitation and Audit
Your seat at the table
The Sanitation and Audit Manager will partner with facility teams to evaluate and continuously improve Shearers Sanitation and IPM programs to protect Food Safety and Quality Assurance and ensure results in the manufacturing facilities meet or exceed regulatory and customer compliance expectations. The candidate will serve as a liaison between operations, third party contractors, and Food Safety and Quality leadership; implementing corporate policies and programs to ensure all company, customer and regulatory requirements are met. Results will be measured and trended to communicate compliance to Shearers standards of an audit-ready expectation.
- Collaborate with facility teams to coach the sites sanitation personnel; supporting the development of a talent pipeline for sanitation and pest management at site level.
- Lead sanitation and IPM strategy across the manufacturing facility sites, improving established ways of working and delivering against key metrics reflected in the company business objectives.
- First line of contact for sanitation, chemical and pest contractors to ensure coordinated communication throughout company facility network.
- Participate in 3rd party audit meetings, preparation and process.
- Maintain corporate standard SSOP's and other communication tools.
- Monitor and provide continuous improvement support to facility employee training activities designed to maintain knowledge and safe execution of SSOPs and pest responses.
- Ensure new processes and equipment installations are designed to provide proper sanitation and prevent compromises to food safety.
What we need
- A Bachelors' Degree in food science or related field, Master's degree preferred
- 5 years applicable work experience of supervisory sanitation in manufacturing and/or auditing, with industry experience in food safety/quality systems
- In-depth knowledge of auditing Food Safety Management Systems and/or Sanitation programs
- Lead auditor training in FSMS standard (FSSC 22000) and/or GFSI schemes is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a matrix-driven organization
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written; with sound judgment, organization, problem solving, and analytical skills
Travel up to 50%
Relocation assistance is available
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies:Shearers Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.