|Date Posted||May 3, 2022|
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
Under the direction of the Food Safety/Quality Assurance manager, this position supervises and coordinates activities of sanitation technicians engaged in conducting sanitation activities involved with bi-weekly cleaning functions, Master Cleaning Schedule tasks, and changeovers.
Your Seat at the Table
- Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO, proper PPE, and chemical safety
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all sanitation work
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation issues and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, water supply, or work practices
- Compiles reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps take to resolve deficiencies.
- Liasion for all pest control issues relating to internal reports and/or service reports provided
What you bring to the table
- Four year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Two years of experience in sanitation management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage hourly sanitation techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.