|Date Posted||June 19, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Sanitation Team Member
Shift:Day shift but must be flexible due to production needs. Also, 12 hour shift weekends.
Your seat at the table
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for thoroughly cleaning all equipment throughout the facility. This individual will be using chemicals and power washers to ensure the cleanliness of all our equipment along with the rest of the facility.The sanitation technician will work with the production team to assure that all proper checks and cleans are in place and communicated on a regular basis. Additional duties include training and preparing for audits, documenting results in record keeping database and other duties as assigned.The team member will be expected to keep the work area clean at all times at a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing. This position reports to the Sanitation Supervisor.
What you bring to the table
- Education High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Attendance This is a skilled position that requires the Team Member be reliable on a constant basis
- Mathematical Skills Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates
- Leadership:Must be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy.Sanitation Technicians will need to follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC and must have the ability to work well with others
- Language Skills Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to Team Members in immediate area
- Time Management Must be able to follow standard work instructions
- Flexibility -Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed
- Shift Available Dayshift 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM*Shift may vary based on the production need -12 hour shift weekends
- Physical Demands -The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 60+ pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Membersmust be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!