|Location||Canal Fulton, OH|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
- Sets up and operates metal-sawing machines, such as hacksaw, bandsaw, circular saw, friction saw, and rubber-disk saw to cut metal stock to dimensions: Reads job order for specifications, such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut.
- Obtains and transfers stock to machine, manually or with hoist.
- Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specified operation.
- Sets saw blade angle to obtain desired angle cuts, using wrench.
- Sets stops and guides to control dimension of cut, using steel rule and wrenches.
- Positions and secures stock against stops or in feeding device.
- Turns valve to start flow of coolant against cutting area.
- Starts machine and observes operation.
- Measures work for conformance to specifications, using rule.
- Marks identifying data on workpiece.