|Date Posted||April 8, 2019|
Seasonal Laborer: Roads and Highway Department
The City of Massillon is accepting applications for Five (5) College Intern Summer Seasonal Laborer positions in the Massillon City Street Department. The expected start date is May 13, 2019. The duration of the internship is twelve consecutive weeks, ending August 2, 2019. The rate of pay is $12.00 per hour and required work hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. These positions fall under the PERS umbrella and are not subject to standard Social Security requirements. Applications must be submitted by Friday May 3, 2019.
- High School Diploma
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- Mow and water lawns, trim weeds, shrubs, rakes, and spades and otherwise prepare grounds; assist in general grounds maintenance work
- Clean catch basins and storm sewers
- Perform routine labor tasks in assisting other employees
- Perform a variety of unskilled tasks in connection with the physical maintenance of City property
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction
- Ability to withstand and work under variable weather conditions
- Ability to perform work generally outdoors
- Must have the ability to perform other related duties as required
A City of Massillon Job Application is available on the City of Massillon Website (on the Job Opportunities page) or can be picked up at the Office of the Civil Service Commission in the Municipal Government Annex Administration Building, 151 Lincoln Way East, Massillon, Ohio 44646. The filing deadline date is May 3, 2019.
The City of Massillon is an equal employment opportunity employer.