|January 24, 2024
Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.
Senior Application Developer
This position requires development and support of information systems including in-house developed and vendor provided solutions. The Application Developer / Analyst works with the business to identify, scope, and develop new applications as well as support existing systems. Other responsibilities of an Application Developer / Analyst include writing reports, data mining to help with business issues, maintaining and comply with coding standards for Shearers Foods Inc. IT staff, research new technologies, development and support for new and existing technologies, and any other duties as requested.
Your seat at the table
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems
- Develop and support integration solutions for existing and new technologies
- Seeks opportunities to introduce new technologies to increase productivity, streamline processes, promote efficiencies, and increase quality
- Document, resolve, and/or escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
What you bring to the table
- Minimum of an associate degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ Years Application Development experience
- Analytical & Problem-solving skills
- Strong development and research abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers and team members
- Proficient with a deep understanding and experience with database design and concepts including:
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server experience, T-SQL and PL/SQL languages, SSIS - SQL Server Integration Services, SSAS - SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL performance tuning, light Microsoft SQL Database Administration
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Reporting Services Design and Implementation using SSRS and PowerBI
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.