|Date Posted||March 30, 2023|
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Sr. Controls Automation Engineer
Your seat at the table:
This position is responsible for upkeep and maintenance of the controls and automation equipment which includes troubleshooting, preforming program backups, and system upgrades. Direct involvement with cross-functional team that include safety, quality, engineering, and production. This position will provide technical guidance to other members of the maintenance team and other technical members of Shearers to develop higher controls capabilities across the network.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute in a safe manner. Embrace and help to develop a people safety first culture.
- Preform advanced troubleshooting functions by using the PLC and HMI code to diagnose issues that are causing downtime.
- Ownership of regular program backups and ensure that all program changes adhere to Shearer’s safety and quality standards.
- Ensure that all machines have up-to-date electrical prints.
- Develop and train maintenance personnel on control systems and functions.
- Continue to find ways to improve cycle times; reduce scrap and upgrade components for cost/performance improvement being sure to communicate these changes to the wider controls team and the Proactive Maintenance central function.
- Provide recommendations to engineering team for new equipment to avoid obsolescence and design issues in the future.
- Assist the corporate controls team in creating electrical and controls standards and implement them in each facility.
- Continually improve knowledge base regarding advances in parts, equipment and processes to keep abreast of changes and innovations in equipment selection.
- Active Safety Committee Participation
- Assist in the development of base line safe work performance expectations and work practices. Identify and correct any unsafe condition and identify and unsafe action observed. • Participates in RCA’s.
- Ability to make changes to existing PLC and HMI programs to improve the process.
- Perform the above duties in a food safe manner adhering to all GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices. Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Full familiarity with computer programs such as Auto-Cad, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Full familiarity with Rockwell PLC software and can design, write and troubleshoot same.
- RSLogix 500
- RSlogix 5000
- Studio 5000
- Connected Components Workbench (CCW) o FactoryTalk View Studio
- Full familiarity with Rockwell hardware and can design, write and troubleshoot same.
- o SLC 500 o MicroLogix
- o CompactLogix
- o ControlLogix
- o Panelview
- o Powerflex
- Familiarity with high speed manufacturing and packaging processes, operations and associated machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical prints.
- ABB & Fanuc Robot programming (and others)
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of AS degree in technical field including Electrical Engineering
- Five years of industrial automation engineering or plant engineering
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (HSED or GED).
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.