|Date Posted||October 24, 2019|
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
SENIOR CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT
You will be an integral member of a fast-paced Treasury & Accounting Department with responsibilities including capital project reporting, implement process improvements, external audit support, and daily accounting activities.
Your seat at the table
- Perform Corporate consolidated financial close functions where responsibilities will include account reconciliations, preparation/review of journal entries, and financial reporting to senior management.
- Perform inventory processes where responsibilities will include reconciliations to ledgers, observations, and accounting for inventory.
- Collaborate with supply chain and commercial teams to perform inventory valuation reserve analysis.
- Oversee newly-acquired fixed assets, track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, account for the disposition of fixed assets, and management of the fixed asset system (FAS).
- Prepare monthly plant utility accruals and reports.
- Prepare intangible asset and goodwill reconciliations including associated amortization.
- Annual and quarterly audit support to include working closely with external auditors in inventory observations, preparation of closing entries, and preparation of work papers and supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly reports for lenders.
- Assist with the annual budget process.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced Corporate Accounting team where independent thought and work-product is required.
- Coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Participate in continuous improvement processes.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; Masters degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or pursuit of certification.
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience, large practice preferred.
- Flexible work schedule to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with a detail-oriented and task-focused outlook.
- Excel intermediate skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies:Shearers Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.