|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Senior Manager Research & Development
Located at our Corporate Service Center in Massillon, OH
Your seat at the table
The Sr. Manager R&D will lead the Shearer’s Foods R&D team in the development and commercialization of new products including salty snack foods, cookies and crackers. The manager will also be responsible for leading, developing and mentoring a team of food technologists and technicians.
- Effectively lead and manage Shearer’s R&D team including development of new food, project management and people development
- Direct, manage, and continuously improve accurate and effective research and development of new formulations, seasoning and raw material evaluations.
- Track and manage the development of new and proposed products’ technical ingredient and raw material specifications, including key quality assurance components of allergens, nutritional information, shelf life and more.
- Collaborate and partner with external suppliers to source resources, solve challenges and contribute to Shearer’s commitment to ongoing product innovation and renovation.
- Lead Shearer’s sensory capabilities and design and execute value add capabilities including consumer panels and competitive cutting evaluations. Develop and conduct Shearer’s internal sensory panels and capabilities. Direct external panel work and expert panel review work.
- Partner with cross functional teams to identify new food capabilities and growth possibilities across existing lines and relevant strategic new production capabilities.
Leads and Develops Team Members
- Coach and mentor members of team to help them maximize effectiveness and prepare them for possible future roles.
- Foster, coach and develop teamwork, encourage continuous learning and model positive leadership across the organization.
- Leads the team through an emphasis on both people and process.
- Communicates effectively with employees through both oral and written means.
- Provides feedback to employees on individual performance standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field or equivalent in experience. Advanced degrees in Food Science or related field a plus
- 6 years of food industry experience in consumer food product development and/or innovation platforms including new formulation design
- Sound understanding of Experimental Design/Design of Experiment
- Expertise using Genesis or similar ingredient and nutritional fact panel creation tool
- Demonstrated capability in evaluating Regulatory and Marketing packaging claims
- Experience working within a stage gate new product development process
- Ability to manage both internal and external teammates and to adapt and manage through fast paced change
- Strong business acumen and ability to think strategically for long term growth
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite with demonstrated ability to organize, track, and maintain complex technical details
- Experience with customer and consumer research a plus
- Travel up to 25% to production plants, customers, suppliers and other business needs
- Strong written and verbal skills and proven people and project leadership capabilities are required
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance, Scholarships, Leadership Training, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.