|Date Posted||April 21, 2023|
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Manufacturing Project Manager is responsible for leading multiple, concurrent projects that drive Plant Operational Improvements and Productivity. The role will require a manufacturing background and someone who will build relationships at all levels and areas of the organization.
- Lead multiple, concurrent projects that center around productivity improvements within the Plants
- Examples: Unplanned Downtime/Waste reduction, labor initiatives, improving manufacturing practices
- Lead teams comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds; including but not limited to Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Maintenance and Reliability, Quality and Food Safety, Engineering, and Safety.
- Develop action plans with the teams, manage their status, and lead meetings to discuss progress
- Comfort resolving conflict if it occurs. Ability to recognize when issues should be escalated.
- Provide direction on pace and priority of actions to deliver results. Coach and provide feedback to team if off-track
- Provide direction on resource management especially when resources are shared
- Ability to analyze data to show results in key metrics, including the build of trend charts.
- Provide business updates as needed regarding project status, resource needs, risks and decisions
- May act as lead and provide technical or project management oversight, coordination, and assignment of work to other staff.
- May require travel up to 50% depending on project needs
- Bachelor’s Degree with prior experience in Project Management and 7+ years in Manufacturing
- Must have prior manufacturing experience – preference in food industry
- Ability to develop, manage, and support multiple projects in parallel, including managing resources in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with change management to enable successful implementation of identified opportunities
- Communicate effectively in writing in order to prepare clear and concise reports and project updates
- Maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and others contacted through the course of work
- Ability to provide direction, coaching, and delegation of work to team members.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, MS Project etc.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment and independently
- Problem Solving and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Goal oriented with a desire to motivate our teams to win
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.