|Location||Anywhere, United States of America|
|Date Posted||November 22, 2021|
Do you love using your extensive programming skills to solve problems? Are you a fan of collaborating with others and enjoy building tested, performant applications? Then the Sr. Software Engineer position at Patriot Software may be a good fit for you. This position requires an individual who is self-motivated and dependable, is passionate about building reliable systems, and understands the importance of testing.
Let us introduce ourselves...
Patriot Software started in the basement of a factory decades ago. We’re located in the universe (aka Canton, OH) and have over 140 employees across the United States.
On to the good stuff. What we do. Patriot develops accounting and payroll software for American businesses and their accountants. Because we have a passion for helping our customers succeed, our goals are lofty: make accounting and payroll fast, easy to use, and affordable. We need exceptional people to deliver exceptional products and services. That’s why we only hire the best of the best.
So, what do we value in a new team member? Our search starts by looking for a quality individual who lives by our core values:
- We give more than we take
- We don’t take shortcuts
- We lead. We don’t follow
- We follow the golden rule
- We grow leaders
Does this sound like you? Great! Read on to see if your skills are a match, too.
What we’re looking for on your resume
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of application design patterns and object-oriented design. Proficiency with .NET/C# development.
- 5+ years of experience in professional coding and software development.
- 3+ years in web application development working with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and using ORM suites including NHibernate and/or Entity Framework.
- Solid understanding of APIs and REST.
- Experience in cloud-based services like AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud.
- Proficiency with a range of development tools including Visual Studio, Git, Resharper, etc.
- Experience with unit testing, Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively in a team environment with a wide range of personality types.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and business processes at the drop of a hat.
- Experience developing applications for payroll or accounting industries is a major plus!
This position is open to all candidates who legally reside and are eligible to work in the United States.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Design and implement robust, scalable web-based solutions to business requirements.
- Develop plans and estimates for project deliverables.
- Participate in definition and clarification of business and product requirements and drive technical/solution approaches to satisfy requirements.
- Communicate progress, issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with development team members on architecture/design, task sharing and problem solving.
- Contribute towards the improvement of Patriot’s software development processes (version control, code reviews, unit testing, build/release, automation, etc).
- Provide technical mentoring and support to junior team members.
- Promote software engineering best practices.
- Protect the confidentiality of sensitive and/or proprietary company and customer information.
- Support and promote Patriot’s values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
Please note this is a sample of what you’ll be doing. This job requires you to be able to adapt to change quickly in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Your duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Perks of Patriot
We pride ourselves on our company culture and value our employees’ hard work. Aside from the freedom to introduce new ideas or technologies, here are some of the awesome benefits our employees enjoy:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Section 125 HSA and FSA accounts
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Up-to-date hardware and equipment provided
- Flexible scheduling and opportunities for advancement
- Modern and relaxed remote-first office culture (dress code too!)
- Education reimbursement
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?