|Date Posted||September 4, 2019|
Use your extensive programming skills and problem-solving abilities to help Patriot Software build awesome online software! We’re looking for self-motivated and reliable individuals who enjoy working with others and building tested, performant applications. We need programmers who understand the importance of testing, version control, and building reliable systems.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of application design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Proficiency with .NET/C# development.
- 5+ years of experience in professional coding and software development.
- 3+ years in web application development working with relational databases such as MSSQL or PostgreSQL and using ORM suites including NHibernate and/or Entity Framework.
- Solid understanding of APIs and REST.
- Experience in cloud-based services like AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud.
- Proficiency with a range of development tools including Visual Studio, Git, Resharper, etc.
- Experience with unit testing, Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration.
- Advanced problem solving skills, high level of curiosity and acute critical thinking.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of personality types.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and business processes.
- Experience developing applications for Payroll or Accounting industries a major plus.
THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL:
- Design and implement robust, scalable web-based solutions to business requirements.
- Develop plans and estimates for project deliverables.
- Participate in definition and clarification of business and product requirements and drive technical/solution approaches to satisfy requirements.
- Communicate progress, issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with development team members on architecture/design, task sharing and problem solving.
- Contribute towards the improvement of Patriot’s software development processes (version control, code reviews, unit testing, build/release, automation, etc).
- Provide technical mentoring to junior team members.
- Promote software engineering best practices.
- Protect the confidentiality of sensitive and/or proprietary company and customer information.
- Support and promote Patriot’s values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Assist in other initiatives and projects as requested or assigned.
SOME OF OUR PERKS INCLUDE:
- Our dynamic workspace boasts current design and development trends--and we want to hear your ideas!
- Patriot’s convenient location is close to shopping, restaurants, and almost anything else you might need.
- Free snacks and coffee are available in our shiny, new kitchenettes.
- Wear what makes you comfortable, including sandals, shorts, and hoodies.
- Adjustable desks allow you to sit, stand, or mix it up.
- Feel appreciated on employee appreciation days and enjoy impromptu celebrations. It could be anything from free lunch at our corn hole tournament, to a celebration of National Popcorn Day, or a chair massage. The surprises just keep coming!
- Our employees are our best recruiters. Any employee who refers a candidate that is hired receives a cash bonus!
- Free company swag, because free stuff is always in style.
We offer competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including paid vacation after 90 days, health insurance, HSA and FSA accounts, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, disability insurance, and a stock options program.