|Date Posted||July 29, 2019|
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator supports all aspects of receiving and shipping deployment schedule, inventory put-away, inventory accuracy and auditing to ensure efficient and safe warehouse operations. This position safeguards and promotes the Foodbank’s commitment to food safety and the American Institute of Baking (AIB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) compliance requirements.
This position requires a high degree of integrity, technical leadership, service, excellence and urgency in all related matters. The technical leadership responsibilities include maintaining administrative compliance and operational efficiency connected to the handling, inspection, processing, and storage of donated food products fulfilling our mission.
- Education: High school diploma
- Experience: 1-3 years in a warehouse environment preferably in (dry, refrigerated and frozen food storage and distribution center)
- Must be able to follow all American Institute of Baking, Feeding America, Food and Drug Administration, United States Department of Agriculture, Occupational Safety Hazard Administration and Foodbank (standard operating procedures and employee handbook) safety regulations
- Knowledge of Receiving, Warehouse, and Material Handling operations, methods, and practices
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Ability to resolve conflict in a positive way and solution-oriented
- Ability to problem-solve and demonstrate initiative to maintain a team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with a diverse group of individuals, including Foodbank staff and transportation and logistics
- High level of interpersonal skills is required
- Ability to produce quality work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to operate or be trained to operate a pallet jack or tow motor; must pass OSHA testing for lift truck operation
- Punctual, dependable, and flexible to work overtime, as needed
- Ability to maintain accurate records or metrics
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50-100 lbs daily
- Ability to flex work schedule to support daily responsibilities and/or Foodbank special events and initiatives
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is a multiple NorthCoast99 top employer (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018), We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits and compensation, 9 paid Holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one.